Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Kiwi Kevin: My Unknowing, Unwitting Savior

Kevin unknowingly SERIOUSLY saved my ass tonight with 23 cents. Since Sunday, my credit card hasn't worked here at all. I've tried it at three banks in town multiple times and have even gone into the bank and poorly spoken to the teller in Spanish to try to figure it out, but my account has been invalid. I emailed my dad about it and he said he could try but they probably wouldn't do it for him because of fraud protection stuff. Fortunately, he emailed someone in Bloomington and she got an international bank help phone number I could call. The problem was, she said to call collect since the bank would accept it but I couldn't figure out how to call collect from here. I looked at sites and none of the collect calling things included Costa Rica. So I was like what the hell do I do! I can't use the house phone because I don't want to charge them a dumpload of money. So I was like, my only option is Skype. So I tried to buy some credit on Skype to call a phone number, expecting it not to work because of my fraudulent card, and of course it didn't. So I was like AGH I'm out of options.

Then, I thought of Kevin and his Skype name. I knew there was money on the account. There was only one possible way that it could work. But I remembered his universal password. And it worked. And he had $8.23 on there. And now he has $8. So I owe him 23 cents as well as my life for saving my ass. Oh my god thank you Kevin!

I can't believe how cheap it is to call any phone using Skype. My GOD.

2 comments:

  1. Let's Skype soon! Are you doing it from your house? That is so cool. 23 cents for how long a call? Probably 5 to 10 minutes anyway. Here it was 2.99 per minute through AT&T. Bastards. That's 100 times more expensive. D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, I LOVE how much humor is contained in your brain... calling me Kiwi Kevin... GOD I feel so cool

    ReplyDelete